Friday, June 22, 2012

Promise Kept



I said I would write a blog every Friday—and I meant it. Yikes! The problem is, I never know how I’m going to feel when I get up in the morning (is that an excuse or what). I just read Deception by Randy Alcorn and his main character expressed so well my feelings regarding morning. “The problem with morning is that it comes before coffee.”

Now I happen to be writing this early Friday evening so you would think that “morning” would have no bearing on writing this blog. The problem is my coffee this morning didn’t do anything for me in the energy department. Two naps didn’t help either! Maybe I’m anemic.

I think I will insert a picture of my flowers in this blog. That way you won’t just have black print to look at. As I write, I can even see how flowers could be used as an example of “promises kept.” Seems like God has stuck a promise in the bulb of an iris, for example. At the right time, the bulb pops open and green leaves poke through the ground. Eventually, there is a stem among those leaves that may support two, three, or even four buds that open into absolutely gorgeous flowers. Promise kept!





I don’t have a slick segue into a farewell so will close with the encouraging words a cousin sent to Dean today. “Keep your chin up and your feet under you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment