Friday, June 28, 2013

Royalties are exciting!

Hooray! Hooray! Thanks to my friends and family members purchasing THE WOMEN WHO KNEW HIM, I am able to send a donation to my first choice of the mission organizations I am interested in.         

Sometime late in my writing of the book, I chanced to read about a  Christian author connected with Stonehouse Ink, a new Christian publishing company in the Boise area.  In her bio this author mentioned that a major portion of her proceeds from book sales would go to a particular charitable organization.

I had been toying with an idea along that line, so the bio provided the impetus to my decision. I didn’t want to list a percentage on the book cover, but I decided I would contribute 90% of the royalties from THE WOMEN WHO KNEW HIM to reputable mission organizations starting with Samaritan’s Purse. I figured I could trust the Lord to eventually amass the remaining 10% to cover the costs I have paid editors, etc.


I wanted to be able to send a check for at least $100 and I am now able to do that, thanks to my readers! So many thanks to you all, and Samaritan’s Purse will also be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment