Friday, July 19, 2013

Children—Friends

The week following July 4th we were able to enjoy the company of both of our adult sons. The original idea was to pick them up in Salt Lake City and drive to Thermopolis, Wyoming, the Hot Springs Capital of the World (or something like that) so Dean could sit and soak, the boys could swim and I could just hang out. There were some plans for a fishing trip too, but the vacation trip didn’t happen because Dean still hadn’t regained adequate stamina for the trek.

Like the good guys they are, Jeff and Brian rented a car in SLC and drove to Elko so they could spend time with us anyway. Jeff has experience as a landscaper so he worked on our yard. Brian did the mowing and trimming and various other tasks Dean mentioned.

Chef Jeff is pictured here putting together one of his delicious and unique meals for the family.


Brian kindly agreed to build a website for me so that I can easily direct people on how to find my blog, buy THE WOMEN WHO KNEW HIM or “friend” me on FaceBook. By the way that web address is:  diehl2360.wix.com/pat-diehl. (For some reason, the picture of him hard at work on my computer didn't make it into my camera???)


All of this narrative is just to state how great it is to have children who are now not only our beloved sons, but our prized friends. I can remember thinking as I looked at our little boys playing and wondering, “What they will be like when they grow up.” Time has now made the answer apparent and I am well pleased. They are men of kindness and integrity; I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment